Closing Date – 04 December 2020
We’re looking for a Live Producer to work with us on Manchester International Festival (MIF). We are particularly looking for people with experience producing live broadcasts and live digital content.
MIF invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester. Our future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
Manchester International Festival produces and develops live content and broadcasts for range of digital platforms during the festival. As Live Producer you will deliver the production of the major broadcasts, working closely with the Broadcast & Digital Production Manager, Producers and Content teams. You will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of live digital content including building technical teams. Ideally you would have;
• Demonstrable experience in broadcast, digital or live content online
• Experience of managing live broadcast events
• Excellent project management and multi-tasking capabilities
• Impeccable communication skills including influencing and negotiating
• A demonstrable track record in successfully steering complex projects from start to completion
• Financial literacy, including experience of putting together and effectively managing large scale project budgets
• Experience of leading a team
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Live Producer FINAL CALL OUT BRIEF
If you’re interested in being part of MIF and The Factory please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) should tell us
1. why you are interested in working with MIF
2. what skills and experience you are able to contribute
3. your availability from now until end July 2021
We also ask that you complete our online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form – here. This information will inform us as we continue to build diversity and opportunity into everything we do.
We look forward to hearing from you, but if you have any questions or want to have a chat about the roles that are coming up, please get in touch at email@example.com
This role is offered on a freelance basis reporting to our Digital Director.
This role will be on a part time basis from now until July, expected days worked flexible depending on your availability. You must be available for the entirety of MIF21, 01-18 July 2021.
The ongoing impacts of COVID-19 means the nature of projects, including the Festival, may change at short notice which may impact on the duration and scope of Freelance engagements. At the point of contract a fair and equitable rate will be negotiated based on the agreed brief.
• Produce the live content for Festival projects as agreed with the Digital Director and manage relevant external stakeholder partnerships
• Clear licensing and rights for key productions working closely with the Producing team
• Ensure delivery of the logistics of the project, working closely with the Broadcast & Digital Production Manager, the Producing and Web teams
• Ensure effective communications for live broadcasts between the MIF teams and artists, liaising with the marketing and press teams around campaign plans, and the creation of copy, images and press releases
• Liaise with the Ticketing team on set up of all ticketing requirements for online broadcasts including monitoring of artist/guest tickets
• Work with the Digital Production Co-ordinator(s) to draft and issue contracts for the live broadcasts with reference to the Festival’s contracting system and templates
• Work closely with the Festival’s Technical, Finance & Administration and Communication teams to provide them with requisite information as the project(s) develop
• Liaise with relevant creative teams and venues for all the live events. ensuring projects are properly communicated and delivered
MIF is currently undergoing a significant period of organisational change as we grow and develop to operate The Factory, therefore everyone will be required to show a flexible approach to this process – which may involve revisions around scope of role or project focus.
Manchester International Festival operate an online application process. However, if you have any specific accessibility
requirements (such as printed forms/Job Packs) please contact the Festival Office 0161 8174500 to discuss or email
The online application form will require you to complete the following:
equal opportunities data, personal information, employment history (incl dates, duties & reasons for leaving), qualifications
and training history (incl. dates & level of certification as applicable), two references with contact details, a
statement outlining why you have applied and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position and what
particular qualities and experience you would bring to the post if appointed. We advise you to have this information
ready before beginning your application.
To apply please fill in our application and equal opportunities forms
Public sector partners