We’re looking for a number of Freelance Engagement Coordinators to work with us on next year’s Festival. This opportunity is all about reaching out to the widest range of people across Greater Manchester and supporting them to get involved in our exciting productions at MIF21.
It’s an extremely varied role which could see you working with hundreds of participants to create something for a one-off event, to managing a community chorus of 30. You might be coordinating activity within schools, or finding fifty cyclists for a public performance.
The work we do takes dedication but is incredibly rewarding. You don’t need to have worked in the arts before – the transferable skills we’re looking for are commitment, communication, attention to detail, passion, people and project management.
If you’re interested in being considered for our Freelance Engagement Coordinator pool, please complete the short application form here.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions or want to chat more about this opportunity, please get in touch with the Creative Engagement team by emailing: email@example.com.
We have a range of opportunities available with each project requiring different levels of skills and experience. We want to reach as many people with these opportunities as possible and bring together a pool of people from which we can then recruit from for various projects – matching the right people to the right projects.
We are committed to fair pay in the arts and – if selected from the pool – your fee, start date and contract length will be negotiated depending on the project you work on.
There will be two rounds of recruitment into the freelance pool. The first round of applicants have now been successfully recruited into our freelance pool and the second round of recruitment is underway. To be considered please make sure your application is submitted by 04 December. The majority of projects will need people from early 2021.
Freelance Engagement Coordinators – call out brief
As a Freelance Engagement Coordinator you will work closely with members of MIF’s Creative Engagement and Producing teams to:
– Research and engage with individuals and groups across Greater Manchester according to the project need. This might be individuals, community groups, schools and businesses amongst others
– Lead on the recruitment of participants and partners via face-to-face meetings, calls and emails – actively promoting the opportunities and generating interest
– Promptly respond to questions and enquiries from prospective participants and partners and ensure that all information, contact details and records of conversations are continuously kept up to date
– Be the main point of contact – providing duty of care and ensuring a consistent, worthwhile and enjoyable experience
– Ensure regular communication around details of sessions / rehearsals / events to ensure attendance and support with associated reimbursement
– Attend meetings with artists, creative teams, communication teams and other collaborators as required to provide them with relevant information
– Work in line with MIF’s Engagement Policy and other related policies such as Safeguarding, Health & Safety and GDPR to ensure the duty of care for all participants
– Be involved in the evaluation process after completion of the project
Manchester International Festival operate an online application process. However, if you have any specific accessibility
requirements (such as printed forms/Job Packs) please contact the Festival Office 0161 8174500 to discuss or email
The online application form will require you to complete the following:
equal opportunities data, personal information, employment history (incl dates, duties & reasons for leaving), qualifications
and training history (incl. dates & level of certification as applicable), two references with contact details, a
statement outlining why you have applied and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position and what
particular qualities and experience you would bring to the post if appointed. We advise you to have this information
ready before beginning your application.
To apply please fill in our application and equal opportunities forms
Public sector partners